Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 (Product No. 1KR42A)

I'm getting a carriage jam error. The carriage is stuck at the right side and won't travel to the center when the access door is opened. At first glance, 2 of the ink cartridges appear to be ejected and are pressing against the front wall, preventing the carriage from moving. I attempted to push the cartridges back in using a flat screwdriver, but they will not stay in and a 3rd cartridge became ejected. There doesn't appear to be a way to manually move the carriage to the center to access the cartridges.

Carriage is stuck to the rightCarriage is stuck to the right3 ink cartridges have been ejected and are pressed against the outer wall3 ink cartridges have been ejected and are pressed against the outer wall

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @PrintersSuck85,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your printer. A carriage jam error can be caused by a variety of issues, including a paper jam, an obstruction in the carriage path, or a malfunctioning carriage. Here are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the issue.

• Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
  • Open the access door to the print carriage and check for any paper or other obstructions that may be blocking its path. If you find any, carefully remove them.
  • Move the carriage to the left side of the printer manually. You can do this by gently pushing the carriage to the left.
  • Check the printer for any damaged or broken parts. If you notice any, you may need to replace them.
  • Turn the printer back on and see if the error message has cleared. If it hasn't, try resetting the printer by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.

I hope these steps help you resolve your carriage jam error. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden4. I have tried these basic troubleshooting steps already and they have not resolved the issue. I am not able to manually push the carriage to the left, even when the system power is off.

HP Recommended

Hi @PrintersSuck85,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.