Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-06-2022 02:20 AM
Just want to say the Officejet 6950 is UTTERLY useless. Constant paperjams. Constantly doing 'maintenance'. If one colour cartidge is empty it won't let me even print in black and white so I have to buy a whole set of cartidges. A recent new set had a faulty colour cartridge so I still can't print anything without buying another complete set. This is UNACCETABLE and I will never buy another HP product - printer or ink cartridge again.
10-16-2022 11:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Officejet 6950 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please refer to this Document and Video:
- Fixing a Paper Jam | HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 Printers
- HP OfficeJet 6900 Printers - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays
You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable to your printer - Print Quality Issues
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community