Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
officejet pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 6968's all with the same problem. There is no paper jam anywhere. All the rollers are clean. The printer reset described (unplug, wait 60 seconds...) is not a printer reset. It may clear some insignificant cache, but it seems that doesn't clear or reset anything. Seeing hp employee responses saying, "it's likely a hardware issue" but don't mention any hardware that might be at fault, leads me to believe they don't know what they are talking about. I repair and service all brands of printers. This error screams design flaw. hp needs to provide a firmware update to unbrick these printers. How are these models really reset?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BOHOgojo, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand your concern. As of now, there is no firmware update available for this model printer that could resolve this issue. 

By hardware, it could be a sensor inside the printer or an electronic chip, or a mechanical part that has failed.

To perform a semi-full reset, you should be able to bypass the error and access the home screen of the printer. If the printer is stuck at this error, it cannot be reset.

If the printers are under warranty, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance/replacement.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.