Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-14-2021 04:39 AM
I am trying to print some 4 x 6" photos.i have followed instructions for loading the paper and amended screen settings for the paper.
It will only print lower part of photo and top third missing. Lower third of paper blank.
Fine printing A4 size photo but don't want it that large!
Photosmart office jet 6950.
Thanks for any advice.
12-30-2021 01:05 AM
Hi@Alisonrw, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I understand that Printer has an issue with not being able to print Photo paper.
Power resetting the printer, reloading the photo paper, and adjusting the print settings may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer
5) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
6) Open the paper tray door.
7) Grasp the door, and then pull it toward you to extend the paper tray.
Slide the paper width guides to their outermost position
9) Load a stack of photo paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the printer and the print side down. Push the stack into the tray until it stops.
10) Slide the paper width guides in until they rest against the edges of the paper.
11) Slide the paper tray back into the printer until it stops.
12) Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end.
Once you load the photo paper, use step 2 from this document to adjust the print settings and then try to print.
Let me know how it goes!
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community