Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 400 Color - M451DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was asked to check out this HP LaserJet M451DW,  - Laserjet 400 Color,    because it was getting  Paperjams frequently,    In troubleshooting it,    we decided to get the Roller maintenance/ Paper jam Kit to see if that would resolve the issues.     I  put  2 of the 4     then in the process, you close up the unit and power it on,    when I did that it started to go through its diagnostics and print a test page,     it jammed again - I was not really worried about it because I only had installed half the kit,   and moving to the next part of the installation of the new parts.   Well in an effort to clear the jam,  I took out the bottom tray - Tray 2 on this machine, and this small black part with a sprint fell out the bottom as I took the tray out of the machine,    I have no idea where it goes,  hopefully, I can post these pictures of it and someone can tell me where it goes.    We do not have any more of the same type of printer or I would just look for the part on another machine to determine where it came from and goes.   The part does not look broken,    Hopefully, someone can ID the part.   I will send thanks in advance for any thoughts and feedback.  Have a great day!!

PXL_20201003_020705600.jpgPXL_20201003_020726840.jpgPXL_20201003_020733822.jpgPXL_20201003_020743777.jpgPXL_20201003_020800212.jpgPXL_20201003_020811137.jpgPXL_20201003_020820526.jpg,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That is a paper flag and from the looks of it probably from the pickup assembly. This picture is taken with the printer tilted up and the duplex tra7 in the dropped position. This flag detects paper presence as well as determining if there is a jam in the duplex path.

Repairatrooper_0-1601940071187.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.