Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since some time I have issues with ADF scanner on my M277dw. Feeding itself seems to be working fine, but once pages are scanned, there seems to be something wrong with mechanism that puts them on the tray. When scanning just 6 pages, they are being pushed off the tray.

There is plastic switch on the tray to prevent pages being dropped off. When I turn it up, pages stay on the tray, but it can be seen they are being put on it in the reverse order. This severely undermines the 2-sided scanning functionality.

This behavior can be seen here:

I am using official HP Scan software on Windows. One thing that I remember that one day I saw a small black plastic rubber seal pushed out from the printer that looked like this. Could it have something to do with it?

rubber-seal.jpg

Any ideas what can I do to troubleshoot this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.