Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2515

Even when not connected to a laptop or pc, it still shows “J” for paper jam on the display. 😫 no paper jammed anywhere. Still won’t print even for scanning 😩 

please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kikay119

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Make sure the carriage can move freely

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Open the cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

Open the cartridge access door

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

4. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Unplug the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet.

WARNING: 

You must unplug the power cord to move the carriage by hand and reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of electrical shock.

6. Check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.

CAUTION: 

If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.

7. Reach inside the printer through the cartridge door, and then manually move the carriage.

• If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.

• If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.

• If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.

8. Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.

9. Make sure the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer. Firmly push the carriage to the left side of the printer, and then to the right side.

10. Close the cartridge access door.

Close the cartridge access door

11. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.

12. Plug the power cord back into the power source or electrical outlet.

13. Turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.