Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Printer Jam on  HP PageWide Pro MFP477dw.    Unit keeps displaying message of Paper Jammed, Open the left door.

When you open left door, paper is completely there and is up just past the top rollers and stops.   There is no visible jam.  As instructed I have removed the duplex and lowered the platen. ( more than 15 times).  There are no paper pieces or anything visible.     Keeps happening, over and over and over.  

I have used lights at diff angles and see nothing .   I have blown it out with compressed air.  I have wiped the path of the paper with cleaning alcohol wipes.  I have tried different paper.   

I have unplugged and restarted.   I have unplugged and reset the printer.  

Non of this has made a difference.   

HELP !   Guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I cleaned the mirrors and two optical sensors.   This did not correct the problem.

I cleaned all the rollers inside the left door also. 

Guy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This series uses optical sensors that are mounted in the paper path and there are corresponding mirrors on the inside of the left door. Clean both to eliminate that as a possible cause.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I cleaned the mirrors and two optical sensors.   This did not correct the problem.

I cleaned all the rollers inside the left door also. 

Guy

HP Recommended

Yesterday, I cleaned the mirrors and optical sensors.   Printer still jammed.   However, today the printer is now working like new!  So I can only assume that this cleaning worked .... maybe it needed to dry more?    

Thank you Support Community !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.