Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7520

Displays “load Paper” message box.

There is plenty of paper in the feed and it is snug against the feed. 

The machine starts as if it is feeding paper, but the sound is unusually rough and loud,

And then message box pops up as printer goes silent.

Please advise.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cdh263

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the paper feed rollers

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer if your printer is connected with a USB cable.

3. Press the Power button () to turn off the printer.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Remove the two-sided printing accessory (duplexer) from the rear of the printer. Push the right side of the duplexer to the left, and then pull out the duplexer to remove it. Set the duplexer aside.

Figure : Remove the duplexer

Image: Remove the duplexer.

Push the duplexer to the left
    2. Pull out the duplexer

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

7. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate the rollers upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Figure : Clean the rollers in the rear of the printer

Image: Clean the rollers in the rear of the printer.
  8. Allow the rollers to dry for 10 or 15 minutes.

9. Check the rollers on the duplexer. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the duplexer.

Figure : Check the rollers on the duplexer

Image: Check the rollers on the duplexer.
  10. Reattach the duplexer to the rear of the printer. Insert the two pegs on the left side of the duplexer into the left side of the printer, and then gently push the duplexer into place. Make sure that the duplexer is firmly attached.

Figure : Reattach the duplexer

Image: Reattach the duplexer
  11. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

12. If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button () to turn it on.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.