cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
HD541
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Paper jam Notification On A Brand New Printer that has never been used. It has never had paper in it

HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978

This printer was just taken out of the box and during set up is stops and says there is a paper jam in the document feeder. There is no paper in there and it has never had paper in it yet. I can not get past this in the set up. This was a gift and I do not have the receipt.

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,775 22,743 1,644 1,956
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HD541, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check for any packaging materials or plastics inside the printer.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays

Also, check the document feeder area as shown in this document - ADF does not pick paper or feeds in too many sheets

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation