Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Example: hp 6500

Have an HP Office Jet 6500 Wireless all in one.  Said I had a paper jam.  No paper jam.  Inside there was this 20-inch long, 1/2-wide flimsey brown colored oil-looking dip-it stick with two holes on each side that obviously came loose.  I cannot find manual to see where I attach it.  It won't let me do a darn thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since I was just maxed out by an obnoxious virtual chat agent of over two hours.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tammarae, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This is a hardware issue with the printer. The user manual does not have information on how to remove or replace the internal parts of the printer. The part you are referring to maybe an Encoder strip. If it has come loose, it will not work even if replaced. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

For more info on resolving a paper jam issue, refer to this document - Paper Jam Error

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.