Blisters
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Paper jams and the printer sprays ink all over the inside

HP Recommended
Office jet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First, let me start off saying that my experience with this printer has been one of the most frustrating I've ever had. I was a former Xerox user and am seriously SERIOUSLY questioning my decision to switch to HP.

I can print fine with 20# copier paper. But I need to print photos. I purchased HP photo paper. I am using HP ink. When I print the paper starts to feed out of the tray. It gets about half way in. (Not yet to the print head) The printer merrily prints onto nothing, spraying ink all over the path, feed wheels, guides, and so forth. It then attempts to eject the paper that hasn't moved in all of this time and finally reports a jam, in the wrong location. Since the printer is designed to NOT allow access to most of the path, the only option is to tease the paper out of the back of the device. Now there is ink all over the inside of the printer. I need to feed about 20 pages of copier paper through to get MOST of the ink off of the wheels and guides. 

Having completed that task, I reload the photo paper, select "photo paper" as the paper type and try to print again. 

Repeat to infinity. I've now gone through a package of expensive photo paper and well over $120 worth of ink and I have one page to show for it. Should I just put this on the curb for the garbage man and buy a real printer that can print photos?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation