Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-10-2022 11:58 PM
I have an HP Envy 7855, it’s a couple of years old but I haven’t had an issue before a couple of days ago. Each time I try to print the paper gets jammed. I follow the steps to clear the jam but when I remove the paper that is jammed and I try to print again; another page gets jammed. Has anyone come across this issue?
08-23-2022 06:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper jam issue with your HP Envy 7855 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Does the copy work fine?
- What application are you trying to print from?
- What device is your printer connected to?
- What Operating system is running on your PC?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP ENVY 6200, 7100, 7800 Printers - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community