Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3831

Printer is 2 years old, probably only printed 100 pages maybe in its lifetime, not even that...anyway, it random has stopped taking paper in properly in the paper feed...sometimes it pulls down one side and not the other, others it pulls the paper in then stops as if the paper is stuck. I can’t see a paper jam, I’ve tried cleaning the rollers and I can’t get to the inner workings to see if the problem is there. Surely, warranty expired or not, a printer shouldn’t stop functioning after less than 100 pages! If the print heads clogged, I’d understand, but this is mechanical...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue! So what is the solution?

HP Recommended

Well, I checked all the points on the YouTube video again and randomly found a lid to a felt tip pen in the area visible through the door at the bottom (underneath the printer). If something gets pushed in the front, that’s where it ends up. I missed it the first time. So turn it off, flip it over and open when white flap underneath and check if there’s anything in the or trapped in the edges...it was as simply as that for me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.