Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium - CQ521A
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello! 

Today my printer started giving a paper jam error. There is no paper stuck on the printer, however when I opened it to check it out, this piece was loose and detached inside. If anyone could tell me what it is, and where it goes, that would be incredibly helpful! 

Thank you! 

20210323_210335.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That is a carriage belt with the carriage holder.

Getting that back and printer working properly will be close to mission impossible, it's probably time for a new printer. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.