Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Inspire 7955e All-in-One Printer

I have recently purchased an HP Envy Inspire 7955 All-in-one printer, I have printed about 7 photos on it.  The last photo I printed I received an error that said the photo tray was blocked and told to adjust and retry.  I have searched for a solution to this and nothing seems to work.  I have unplugged it, checked for obstructions, made sure the tray was seated properly and I still get the same error.  I am unable to use the printer at all.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tony1234562

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want are getting a photo tray blocked error, I am glad to assist you.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting and the issue still persists, you might have to perform a semi-full reset on the printer.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your response.  I tried what you had posted but the error does not go away.  It will not even let me finish set up before the error pops up.  I ended up getting ahold of someone and they are sending me a replacement.

HP Recommended

@Tony1234562

Good to know that the issue has been taken care.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.