Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP PSC 2355 all-in-one scanner
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

On my HP PSC 2355 all-in-one printer, I am having a problem printing on certain types of HP Premium Plus Photo Paper.  The Premium Plus Paper used to always have a kind of rough pebbly surface on the reverse side.  These made perfect prints.  However, they started making the Premium Plus Paper with a smooth backside, and my printer usually refuses to handle such paper properly with its rollers.  I keep getting a paper jam and the message "filter failed" on my computer.  Often the printer just stops moving and printing with the paper gripped in its rollers and I have to cancel the job. 

Does anybody know how to deal with this problem of the Premium Plus Paper with the smooth backside, or is there a way to tell from the packaging whether the paper you are buying has a smooth or pebbly backside?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Steven6-_, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This printer does not have a driver on the HP Support site to work on macOS 10.11 and is not AirPrint compatible too. Are you able to print on regular paper?

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

You may perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve the paper jam issue - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP PSC 1600 and 2350 All-in-One Printer Series

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Kumar!  I am going to try the suggestions on the support page you linked.  I've had this printer for a very long time and perhaps the rollers just need cleaning or one of the other easy fixes.

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that the printer prints on regular paper just fine.  It is only the HP Premium Plus paper with the smooth backside that gives me trouble.  The HP Premium Plus paper with the grainy backside prints splendidly as well.

HP Recommended

@Steven6-_

The paper pick rollers also depend on the paper type, thickness, and texture. Try the steps mentioned in this document. I believe you are using a 4 x 6 inch (10 x 15 cm) Photo paper with a weight of 236 gsm (145 lb.)

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.