Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw

I have a "HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw" printer. It comes with a paper feed tray for the 8.5X11  standard Letter size paper.  I have a need to be able to print several things on 8.5X14 Legal size paper. Therefore I want to know if there is a way to get a paper tray for my machine that will feed the Legal size paper.  Currently I am feeding one sheet of paper at a time through the manual 1 sheet feeder slot in the machine. I really need a way to print dozens of Legal size pages at a time. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @gburya,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This paper size is supported: U.S. Legal: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 in) 

Read the Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) and how to Creating Custom Paper Sizes 

But also read this Printing Documents (Windows) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. However, the type of paper and how to print on it, or the software needed to print are NOT the issue'

What I want is to find out if I can purchase a larger paper feed tray so I can load 8½ X 14 (Legal) size paper into a paper tray. For example, load say 200 or 150 sheets into a tray that will automatically feed that Legal size paper into the printer Just like the current 8½x11 tray does.

So far it looks like the printer is restricted to at largest 8½x11 (Letter) size paper in the paper tray, and I can't purchase a larger size tray.  I hope this is not the case. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, my answer was not correct. The answer from @Repairatrooper is the right answer. 😀

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

200 series products do not typically offer second paper tray options, you need to look at a 400 series like the M479.You can load legal paper into the standard paper tray by following these instructions:

Repairatrooper_0-1613326818899.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi @Repairatrooper,

that fits.   👍

Andreas

HP Recommended

@Andr-1611 

Are you saying that the HP supplied user manual is not correct? http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04475955

And the media specifications page? https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04515051

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper 

you are right, if you expand tray 2 as described in the picture, 8,5 x 14 in  tray2,

Regards
Andreas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.