Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having an issue trying to print anything from my computer (tells me my printer is an error state) but whenever I try to print an info page all the pages stored at the top of the printer start going through the machine. I'm thinking it's a hardware problem because my network is good and I reinstalled the printer. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@FixTimeZone, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This is not a hardware issue. It seems like an issue with the printer driver. Let us try these steps:

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the PC

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried using hp print scan doctor and it still can not print out a test page or tell me what's wrong. I also reset my printer and that did not work either.

HP Recommended

@FixTimeZone

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the PC

• Check if the printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win 10 PC(Wireless connectivity)

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The 2.4 and 5 ghz networks have different names. I connected my labtop to the 2.4 ghz network used HP print and scan doctor and I still can't print a page. (Says it's in error state)

HP Recommended

@FixTimeZone

In that case, let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

If the copy works, try printing.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can scan but I can't print a copy it's still in error state. I know I updated the drivers so I'm thinking I need a new printer.

HP Recommended

@FixTimeZone

I understand. If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Update: I am able to print diagnostic information from the HP smart app and it shows everything is working correctly but like I said I still get the "In an error state" error. Is there any way to salvage the printer from that info?

HP Recommended

@FixTimeZone

If you are able to print a test page from the app, you would be able to make a copy from the scanner glass. Have you tried that as I had mentioned in my earlier post?

If the printer is able to make a copy, it means the printer hardware is fine. In this case, proceed to the next step.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – Press the wireless and info(i) button together to print a wireless report.
  • Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  • Try printing a test page. 

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.