Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-26-2022 08:46 PM
What is the exact model of your printer (e.g. CB747A)?
- To locate this Product Number P/N: this document.
Make sure that the ink cartridge carriage moves unobstructed in its path first. To do this, refer to the 'Printer Failure' error.
In some cases, remove the ink cartridges and reset the printer can solve the error.
- Turn on the printer.
- Before continuing, wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges of the printer.
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet.
NOTE: HP then recommends reconnecting the printer's power cord directly into a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically make it.It is possible that the printer goes through a warm-up cycle. It is also possible that the printer lights blink and the carriage moves.
- Wait until the preheat cycle and until the printer is idle and silent before continuing.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge, and then close the access door to the cartridges.
- Print a calibration page, if prompted.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
- Try to print.
Then, please update the printer's firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers.
Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community