Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 6234

My new printer was faulty, not picking up photopaper.  I spoke at length with an agent, following around an hour of 'fixes' the agent decided the printer required to be replaced. It was intimated that a new printer (I presumed with warranty) would be sent.  I have received a refurbished printer today and now cannot have an agent contact me as is appears this printer is not covered by warranty (original printer warranty expires 9 Jan 22).  None of this information was made clear to me during the call with the agent.  I now have a refurbished printer with no warranty, to replace a new printer with over 2 months warranty left.  Taking into account how this situation was mishandled, should this forum be monitored by HP,   I would anticipate a communication from HP to resolve this matter to my satisfaction.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

From my professional experience, understanding your printer warranty is a must do action.  HP inkjets that fail during warranty period may be exchanged with refurbished equipment.  When I have processed warranty printer exchanges, I always verify the replacement model and replacement condition.  Most of my refurbished replacements worked very well for many months.  My refurbished printers had a short  warranty period attached.  It would have been helpful if you were informed.  I find the printer exchange process works better when I ask questions.  Refurbished replacements are a special breed of printer.  If you call and reference the serial number, printer will usually just show warranty expired.  Call and reference your HP case number that processed the printer exchange.  Case number will have all the historical facts.  

HP Recommended

I am a forum contributer. I am not affiliated with or work for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,  thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.  Unfortunately, the replacement printer is having the same problem picking up photo paper (HP and a generic paper).  When it did eventually print a photo the print quality was extremely poor, this was after the cartridges had been calibrated.  At least with the previous printer, when it did print a photograph it was of good quality.  Thanks again, take care.

HP Recommended

Even if your printer is replaced with a refurb, normally you will have warranty to the original expiry date, which means you should still have warranty coverage until January. I have tagged this thread and asked the moderators to have someone reach out to you on this issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@Poppi1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon in the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,  

Thank you for emailing me.  I have been away for a couple of weeks but now plan to contact HP support again as the replacement printer is worse than the original.  It consistently does not recognise photopaper in the tray and when it does print, often has a white strip at the bottom of the photo.  This one also squeaks on start up and when attempting to print.

Take care,

Karen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.