Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

I am trying to print a speech with eight pages, but when I try to print from WORD in portrait mode, I get one complete page, and the next one is only half printed. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@termite3030 

Welcome back to the HP Community Forum.

Add to your checkpoints...

Make sure Windows Updates are current and installed.

If updates are "Pending', Restart to install

What?  Pending updates can mess with the printer software (and a lot of other things, too).

If you have not done so and you are positive all else is "just right",

Restart everything, including the router that controls your network.

Less likely by itself - worth checking that the printer can do its best work:

Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Document issue

If the issue is "just this" document, consider

Open the document in Word

Export > Save the document to PDF and print that file.

HP Smart (Windows) can print PDF files.

and

If the full driver printer software is installed (and working), optionally use Adobe Reader DC

What else?

If the issue is all Word documents, consider reloading the full driver printer software.

What else?

Reload the paper > Modify the Paper Size & Type - Tray and Paper

and

Make sure the paper detected by the printer is the paper you have selected in your job configuration (job setup).

EWS > HP Document / How-to

Use the HP printer Embedded Web Server (EWS)

EWS – Browser – Tray and Paper Management

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

Select / Adjust settings for Paper Size / Type

Model Dependent:  Advanced section

Click Apply to save changes

Retain_Printing_Preferences_19Retain_Printing_Preferences_19

=========================

Printer - Full Feature Software - Install

If you have not done so, consider

If the full driver printer software is (already) installed but not working,

• Uninstall any printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
  • Restart the computer and sign in.

Next,

• Check (for the Printer) in Devices and Printers  > If found, Right-Click Printer and Remove -- If any changes are made, that is, you remove anything, Restart the computer and sign in.I

Next,

• If using a printer USB cable between the printer and the computer, disconnect the cable before installing the printer software.
  • Download and Save the Full Feature Software installation package or the Easy Start Software

Details Page - Driver - For your Printer

>>> Full Feature Software - Web Pack Installation Package - Information - Download  <<<

HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

Installation

• Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • If using a printer USB cable between the printer and the computer, connect the cable when instructed (near the end of the installation).
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Next,

Optional -- Supported for your printer

Next  HP Universal Scan Software - Model Dependent 

•  HP Universal Scan Full Feature Software adds OCR libraries to installed HP Scan software.  HPUS installs a new, full featured, (and separate) HP Scan software shortcut to the Desktop.
  • Note:  HPUS can be installed as standalone or installed after the full feature printer software.
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in
  • HP Universal Scan Software provides a larger GUI to make using the software easier on high-resolution screens.   New features have been added to the main menu to help with navigating the settings.

HP printers - Scan as Editable Text (OCR) with HP Scan (Windows)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Example - Windows - Full Feature Software - Installed

Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11Programs_and_Features_Printer_Desktop_Icons_11

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

OR

Open the Homepage / Support Website for your printer

Category Software and Drivers > Check/ Get the App

>>> Open and Read >>> HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

NOTES: 

• Read FAQ -  including - What are the requirements to set up a printer using the HP Smart app?
  • Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
  • Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
  • Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.  Source: How to scan with an HP printer > FAQ > Why can't I connect my wireless printer or scan over the network?
  • HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
  • When working through a browser to access HP Smart, be sure you have Cookies enabled.  If cookies are enabled and you are having trouble, clear Cache and Cookies.   And / Or … Try a different browser – assign that browser as the Default. (Note:  Chrome not working?  Use / Assign a different default browser.)
  • Where possible, HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed.  For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
  • “Share” to email – Before using Share, add your sender email address to the Windows Mail application

• Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
    •  FAQ examples: 
      • What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
      • Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
      • Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
      • Which languages does the HP Smart app support?
    • Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the required login feature.
    • Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart

Help Here:  Unable to download and install the HP Smart printer app

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you, Dragon-fur, for your response.  As it turns out, the problem was with the document.  I converted it to a PDF, and all was well.  Thank you for the info.  I intend to copy and keep your response on file in case the problem occurs again.

I do, however, have another problem.  When I run the Print and Scan Doctor, the information I get is that I don't have the right port on my printer.  I am not sure I understand exactly what that means, and I was hoping you could help me with this problem too.

Thank you,

Termite3030

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.