Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer

I am no longer able to print birthday cards, etc. on my HP Officejet Pro 8710 All in One printer.  The paper jams in the back and when I open the back, I can push ok on the front panel to get the paper to come out, but it doesn't print anything on the paper.  I used to be able to use a heavier card stock but even tried 65# card stock and it still doesn't pull it thru and print.  It jams in the back of the printer.  I don't have any trouble printing with just plain paper.  Can you give me any suggestions as to what to do or are the rollers going bad so that it can't pull heavier paper thru.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

PJ801 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PJ801

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry I don't know how to get back to my original question I sent, but wanted to thank Betty0610 for responding to my problem I am having. I am unable to get my cards to print on the card stock.  The paper keeps jamming.  I did do what you suggested, to unplug and plug back in to reset the printer, but it still jams.  I think its the rollers that must not be able to pull the card stock thru anymore, but when it tries  it can't pull it thru and then jams in the back part of the printer.  it prints just fine on regular copy paper.  I guess the problem must be with the rollers.  Thank you for your suggestion, I do appreciate your trying to help.

PJ801 

HP Recommended

My printer has stopped printing on card.  It keeps jamming in the back.  Can anyone suggest anything.  I've tried cleaning the rollers but it still won't work.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.