Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP photo smart C4780
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

My printer says it’s out of paper when it has paper. The printer does not even draw in the paper a little bit. I have tried cleaning the rollers, resetting the printer and changing paper specifics on my computer. Nothing works. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check the rollers in-tray just above paper if they don't rotate to feed paper it's time for a new printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Yes, they don’t roll. I thought maybe because the printer was unplugged but I guess it doesn’t have to do with that...

HP Recommended

The rollers work fine.  When I copy something, all works fine and the copy prints. When I open a document on my laptop and attempt to print it, the printer status shows as "out of paper".  

HP Recommended

The printers status on a computer? You have a driver issue, try to update driver.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.