cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Shark4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Printer out of paper

HP Recommended
HP photo smart C4780
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

My printer says it’s out of paper when it has paper. The printer does not even draw in the paper a little bit. I have tried cleaning the rollers, resetting the printer and changing paper specifics on my computer. Nothing works. 

4 REPLIES 4
Valsimot
Level 13
Level 13
8,428 7,644 969 1,530
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the rollers in-tray just above paper if they don't rotate to feed paper it's time for a new printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Shark4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, they don’t roll. I thought maybe because the printer was unplugged but I guess it doesn’t have to do with that...

kd58
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The rollers work fine.  When I copy something, all works fine and the copy prints. When I open a document on my laptop and attempt to print it, the printer status shows as "out of paper".  

Valsimot
Level 13
Level 13
8,428 7,644 969 1,530
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printers status on a computer? You have a driver issue, try to update driver.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation