cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
zero94
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer prints only half page

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello everyone,

Recently I have a problem with the printer. It prints only half page, then it crashes and the sheet gets stuck. I have done several checks, software updates, hard resets, etc. but none of these have solved the problem. It is not a software problem, because I have the same issue with my Windows PC.
As a last attempt I tried to remove the colored cartridge and strangely this fixed the problem, would anyone have any idea why?
I still haven't had the chance to buy another cartridge and test if the problem is actually the single cartridge I bought.

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,670 25,605 1,197 1,239
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zero94

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Firstly, let's update the printer firmware: Click here
  • Next check for any paper jams inside the printer: Click here and make sure the print carriage is moving freely. 
  • Have you tried alternate color ink cartridge?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
zero94
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  Echo_Lake,

First of all I wanted to thank you for your help.

Today I tried again to use the colored cartridge, which I removed 5 days ago and strangely it works correctly.

Afterwards I tried your procedures, I updated the Firmware and I checked for any paper jams inside the printer. I haven't tried another colored cartridge yet.

I would say wait 1 month, if the problem should be solved definitively I will accept your solution. Otherwise I will let you hear from me if the problem reappears.

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,504 21,751 1,530 1,461
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zero94

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation