Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will no longer align properly.

When trying to print double sided, it says the paper is the wrong size (even though it's not) and so will not print double sided at all now. On everything I print now, the top is cut off.

I have printed multiple alignment pages (all of which also print wrong) and a print quality page and nothing has fixed the problem. I have also unplugged the printer and restarted that way, but still no better.

Ink levels are fine, not sure what the issue is.

Anything else I can try to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Check your print properties and verify paper size is correct.  On printer control panel, look under the set up tab (wrench symbol) and see if there is a paper size menu that you can change.  You can always go to set up and perform a restore factory reset.  This will wipe out your current settings.

HP Recommended

As I said in the post, the paper settings are correct, I haven’t changed them, and I can see they are set to A4, as they should be anyway. So I need more options, aha

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.