Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET 6100
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HP Office jet 6100 printer Out of paper will no pick up paper

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BobbyFB, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue -  An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

Also, make sure that the papers are properly loaded. Adjust the paper width guides.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me unfortunately. Have tried it four times.

HP Recommended

@Raindeerway

That's unfortunate. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

message displays "Out of Paper" but tray has paper. Paper is correctly aligned. And I have tried the reset several times.

But still I receive the message "Out of Paper"

HP Recommended

@ssr6310, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you are using the same model printer and have tried the steps mentioned in the document attached but still face the same issue, kindly reach out to the HP Technical Support team for service/replacement options as this could be a hardware failure.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.