Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-13-2022 09:29 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that you are unable to print and the Printer is stuck in a Busy state, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you able to make a copy?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- (1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- (2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- (3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- (4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- (5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
- (6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- (7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- (8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Next, uninstall the printer driver from the Root level.
- 1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- 2.) Select your HP Printer
- 3.) Select Uninstall
- 4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- 5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- 6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- 7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- 8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab
- 9.) Look for an HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- 10.) Select Ok
- 11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- 12.) Close Devices and Printers
- 13. ) Restart the computer and download the HP Easy Start from Here
Note: Connect the USB cable only when instructed.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community