Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-08-2022 10:44 AM - last edited on 02-08-2022 01:11 PM by MarcusC
Hello, I am trying to print cardstock on my HP ENVY 6455 [personal information removed]. I have tried different settings, I have youtubed the issue, and I have googled the issue. I cannot seem to get a clear answer on whether or not this printer will allow me to print on cardstock, and if it can............HOW!!!!!!!!
02-08-2022 12:56 PM
Welcome to the HP User Community.
Printer supports HP Card paper in the weights listed in the Specifications document
Section Paper Handling
Media weight supported (metric)
A4: 60 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP cards: up to 200 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m²
Media weight supported (U.S. standard)
Letter: 16 to 24 lb; HP envelopes: 20 to 24 lb; HP cards: up to 53 lb; HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper: up to 80 lb
Plain Paper; HP Photo Papers; HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper; HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper; Other Photo Inkjet Papers; Other Matte Inkjet Papers; Other Glossy Inkjet Papers; Plain Paper, Light/Recycled
Details / Additional Information - Ignore if not relevant
- Windows / MacOS >> Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software
- Mobile Device - Determine if supported > Install the HP Smart application
- Windows / MacOS / Mobile >> Alert the printer to the paper size & type loaded in the printer (Tray and Paper Management)
- Windows / MacOS >> Set the Printing Preferences - Shortcut and options to the current job
- Mobile - Set the paper size and type (in EWS), then open the item to be printed.
- If the paper size is supported, check the paper type (media) for a paper that will work with that paper size.
- Paper type not listed? Look for type "thick", "Brochure", "Professional", or possibly "Other matte"
- Not all paper is compatible with duplex printing
- "Photo Paper" cannot be selected as a means to trick the printer into accepting heavier paper.
Full Feature / Full Solution printer Installed
The software / program used to view and submit the printer job
A Supported (selected) combination of paper weight, paper size, and paper type
References / Resources
Video help - Install Printer software: HP Envy 6055 | HP Envy Pro 6455 : Download & Install HP Full solution software on Win 10 Computer
Example - Retain / Modify (Edit) / Check the Paper Size & Type - Tray and Paper Management
Printing Preferences: HP print settings guide (Windows, Mac)
HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community