Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 printer.  In the past, I've printed on cardstock up to 110lb.  Currently, my printer does not property print to anything heavier than standard weight (20lb) paper.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thank you!

CJ2708

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the printer is few years old or seen lots of use then likely the feed rollers are dirty and slipping on heavier media. Clean the rollers with a water dampened lint free cloth.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my hp 8715.  I use 65 lb cardstock.  I have changed the settings on the printer itself,  the print dialog box and nothing works consistently.  Sometimes it prints well, and sometimes it prints off center, or only 1/2 the page.  I have an old printer, an 8610, in my basement: I replaced it with an 8715 because the lid was falling apart.  However, the 8610 prints on cardstock beautifully, without changing any settings anywhere!  So now I have two printers, one for regular printing and scanning and the other for cardstock.  Terrible!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.