Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-21-2022 09:19 AM
For years I have used my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 to print on 110lb cardstock. Now, all of a sudden, I cannot print on cardstock, it always jams. Around about the same time, I experienced the exact same problem with my HP OfficeJet 6960. Does anyone know how to fix that?
04-27-2022 10:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I'd be happy to help.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community