Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I bought this printer, two years ago, I've really struggled to get it to print from the photo tray.

If I load paper (6x4 inches) into the photo paper tray and attempt to print there is a little whirring, the tray goes in and out a few times and eventually tells me there is no paper in the tray.

Strangely enough if I load the paper the wrong way up (i.e. glossy side up) it works 9 times out of 10, but of course then I end up with my picture printed on the wrong side of the paper! Using the paper the correct side down I can entice the printer to give me a photo after perhaps 50 attempts, which can take well over an hour. It's never clear what I've done differently when a photo does miraculously appear.

Please don't answer this question by copying and pasting any sort of trouble shooting guide. I've tried them and they've all failed. What I'm looking for are tricks that other owners who own this printer (or a similar one) have tried that have enabled them to successfully print their photos. For example, perhaps using one piece of photo paper, or a stack of paper, maybe bending the paper slightly or pushing the paper to the very front or very back of the tray, or putting the printer on a non-level surface. One thing which worked for me once (but only once) was to not use the paper-width guides. I thought I'd cracked it that time, but it's never worked again.

I'd appreciate it if someone, preferably a fellow owner (sufferer?) of this printer, could help me out, but, once again, please refrain from posting any bog-standard trouble shooting guides.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.