Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-18-2022 04:24 PM
Every time I try to print a photo. I get an error message. Either "No paper" or Paper Jam. When there's lots of paper and no blockage. It just won't print A4 documents are fine it's just photos.
11-19-2022 08:12 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
Operating System: Unknown
Software / Application: Unknown
Connection Type: Unknown
Every time I try to print a photo. I get an error message. Either "No paper" or Paper Jam.
When there's lots of paper and no blockage.
It just won't print A4 documents are fine it's just photos.
Likely candidates include and not limited to:
- Printer is not aware of the paper loaded in the printer tray
- Settings are not correct, are incomplete, or perhaps not supported in combination
- The Source (Tray) is set to Automatic and should instead by selected
- The paper size and / or type / weight is not supported, selected
- The paper is otherwise not acceptable (for example, dry / damp / damaged / loaded incorrectly)
We can suggest something for the first one....
Retain / Modify (Edit) / Check the Paper Size & Type - Tray and Paper Management
The next steps / solutions depend on
- The Operating System / version
- The software / application that is being used to open, view, configure, and submit the job to the printer
General Example - HP Smart - Windows - Simple Photo Print
References / Resources
Section Paper Handling
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources
Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
We are a Community of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community