Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 7720
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello everybody.

I´m really frustrated.

I have just opened the box. Connected the printer to the wireless network. I have finished the installation, and the software setup.

I was willing to try "how good this is", and filled the tray with about 10 A4 photo papers, 230 gsm. I have carefully read the specs, and this printer is supposed to handle paper up to 250 gsm.

I have been for more than an hour trying to make it print, but always getting the "paper problem". Fortunately, there was no paper jammed in the printer, it was just that for some reason, the printer refuses to load it.

In a user forum I have read about a workaround, pushing the grey lid of the tray downwards, so as to "help" the printer to load the paper. It has worked. The paper has been loaded, the printer has done its job... and then the next disappointment: Printing quality is superb in the middle of the paper but there are really visible lines, getting more and more visible approaching the edges of the paper.

This is the most complicated to setup, troublefull, printer I have ever bought, after having many of them. Printing quality is unacceptable, and also the fact that I have to push some part of the printer to have the paper loaded!!

Any idea if this may be a bad unit?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I´m posting a picture of the very first print...

Using the correct settings, which I guess are Colour, fine, best quallity, photo paper glossy.IMG-0278.jpg

HP Recommended

@RodrigoGarcia

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this only happen with photos? Are the copies printing well?

Let us know.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again; the problem is with photo paper.I have tried with hp photo paper, bellw 230grsm, and the printer refuses to load it. For what I see in forums, this is not a bad unit or a particular situation, this is a bad design by HP, because many people report the same issur with this printer model.

very unhappy!!

HP Recommended

And about printing quality, I have tried with thinner paper, and the lines are still there but way less perceptible. I have aligned printing heads without result. 

printing quality of text in plain paper is excellent (I usually print piano scores for my daughter)

HP Recommended

@RodrigoGarcia

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.