Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print labels with my HP Officejet 8710.   The labels are Onlinelabels #OL575.   The issue is that it prints the first sheet perfect, but prints the sheets after that with no top margin after the first.   It will print fine if I put one label in the feed tray at a time.  It prints perfect on plain paper also.   I have tried every different paper style setting with no improvements.  I print 80 sheets of labels at a time.   Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You,

Jon S.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am printing from my laptop and using Word 2016

HP Recommended

@Pgeon1 

There is no "easy" answer to this - so much depends on the label paper.

In general, this printer can print label sheets.

Consider / Try

Media (paper type) = Brochure Matte or Brochure Glossy

Stack no more than about 15 pages of the Label paper in the tray.  (Yes, I know.)

Do not try to print all the sheets at one time.  Try for, say, five copies of the document (labels).

I checked at the website for this label paper - it appears to suggest that the paper (depending on which one your purchased) can be for InkJet OR LaserJet printers.  Could be OK - but sometimes "dual" purpose paper is a bit odd.  What??  The printer may not like the paper.  LaserJet paper will not work - and if it does so, it will provide inconsistent results.  It is not good for the printer to use LaserJet paper in it.

The margins are likely OK - the printer can handle pretty small margins all 'round (.13 inches each side, top, bottom).  The only place to watch then, is what you are doing with the template and the Word Layout settings.

What else?

The website said something about setting the label content to accommodate "bleed" - In my opinion, this might be an Odd idea in that it seemed to be saying that the alignment might be subject a slight "slippage".  The statement(s) could mean anything and perhaps nothing of import.

Note that I checked the website for the paper out of curiosity - I am not prepared to engage in a discussion about whether the paper is the right kind, whether it is "good" paper, or whether the printer "should" like the paper.  I have never used this brand of label sheets.

Printer Specifications for HP OfficeJet Pro 8700 Printers

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

As I recall this all came about after the Windows 10 update.   I've used this printer before to print the labels with no problems, but since the update is where I have been having the problem.   It annoys me that HP will not support this printer since it is out of warranty.    If I have to pay money to resolve this, it will be the last HP product I own.   Wake up HP!!    You caused this issue and I have WASTED far too much time on this issue!    I hope someone from HP is reading this!

HP Recommended

I have deleted this printer and redownloaded all of the drivers from the HP site.   It did not help

HP Recommended

@Pgeon1 

OK.

We do try to help.

As you have indicated, sometimes we can do so and other times the attempt is for naught.

You know our Community is comprised of volunteers - we are "you" - users and owners of HP technologies.

Personally, I cannot - and will not - comment or react to harsh statements directed toward us individually, toward our Community, or toward HP.

I will graciously withdraw, having nothing useful to offer and no interest in sparring over blame.

Another Expert might have something to offer.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.