Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro 200 m251nw

I get a rear paper jam alert after every page.  The printed page sometimes comes all the way out but sometimes has to be pulled but is fully printed.  I open the back, remove the piece of paper that had started to print, put it back in the paper tray upside down to not waste paper, open the toner tray, slide it out then back in, close the front door, close the back door, print next page and repeat.  I have rest the printer and when I have a few extra minutes I am going to remove it from my computer and reinstall it to see if that works.  

anyone ever experience this? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This behaviour can happen if the feed mechanism is not working properly. A worn pickup roller can caused the printer to have to perform several rotations instead of one to grab a page and then  often a second page gets pulled as well. A sticking pickup solenoid can cause multiple page feeds. Timing is critical for laser printers and anything that happens out of sequence is going to cause the printer to stop to prevent damage. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

That's just it though, there is no paper jam.  Never is there two pieces of paper stuck in the same place at the same time.  when I remove the printed page from the the printer there is like maybe 1/4 inch of the paper stuck, I pull it out and the next page is free and right behind it.  I have to pull that page out the back door, replace it in the paper feed, open the front door, slide the toner tray out then back in, close the front door, and then close the back door.  If I do not pull the toner tray out the back door jam will not clear, even after all the paper has been removed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.