Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2023 10:17 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
During a print job, the printer stops feeding pages, and a Paper Jam error message displays on the printer control panel. This indicates paper might be jammed inside the printer.
NOTE: Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper. The following steps apply to both real and false paper jams.
Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.
Remove all paper from the input tray
Remove any loose or jammed paper that is accessible from the input tray area.
NOTE: Do not use paper thicker than 105 g/m2 (28 lb bond) for plain paper or 200 g/m2 (110 lb index) for cards.
Remove all paper from the input tray.
Press and hold the two output tray buttons, and then remove the output tray.
- Pull out the input tray.
- Gently remove any jammed paper and bits of torn paper from the tray area. To avoid tearing any whole sheets of paper, pull the paper with both hands.
- Make sure there are no foreign objects in the paper path, and then reload the input tray with new paper.
- Insert the input tray back into the printer, and then reinstall the output tray.
Please refer to this document for more information on Clear jammed paper from the printer, Clean the paper feed rollers, And Remove debris from inside the paper path,
Reset the printer
Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community