Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-26-2022 02:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a Paper issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
The printer stops feeding pages, the control panel displays an alternating E and 4, and the Error icon , Paper Error icon , and Resume light blink. This indicates that paper might be jammed inside the printer.
Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper. The following steps apply to both real and false paper jams.
You might need a flashlight to complete some of these steps.
Figure : Flashlight
Step 1: Look for jammed paper
Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.
Clear jammed paper from the input tray
Clear jammed paper from the output tray
Clear jammed paper from the printhead access area
Clear jammed paper from underneath the printer
If you have checked and removed any jammed paper from each printer area and if the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Ink Tank 310, 410 Printers - 'E4' Error (Paper Jam)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community