Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Having an issue with very slow printing and very slow copying and paper jams.

Printing or copying one page seems to take about 3-5 minutes when it works

From start to finish , copying one color page took a little over 3 minutes. it took about 2 min 45 seconds before the printer started to feed the paper in the automatic feeder. then about another 30 seconds for the actual copying process. 

from start to finish printing a one line document over USB  from notepad took the same amount of time .

I have already tried unplugging the printer for 60 seconds and plugging it back into the wall. 

I tried updating the firmware, from the printer itself, but it said the printer was up to date. 

Im also getting pretty consistent paper jams in the rear of the printer. I cleaned the rollers with a damp swab. But, almost everytime I print im getting a paper jam in the rear of the printer.
I recently replaced all of the inks carts in the last few days and also cleaned the printer head with solution. 

Right now, it either prints extremely slow or a paper jam happens in the rear of the printer.  The paper jam issue is something that recently started happening in the last few days around the same time that I cleaned the printhead . its has always printed slow, but seems to be printing even more slowly than normal. paper jams seem to be happening around 9/10 tries. 

this is HP 8610 officejet pro

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

For slow copy, follow the steps under the tab "slow copy speed": https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...

For printing, if you're using the HP Smart App, uninstall and reinstall the App. If you aren't using the App:

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.