Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8035

Hi all!

I’m seeking a printer that can print on A5 225gsm card stock. I have the HP photo envy printer but this does not successfully print on card stock (it may accept heavy paper in the photo tray but the photo tray doesn’t permit A5 card size).

I have read that the HP Office Jet Pro 8035 will print on card up to 200gsm - can anyone confirm if it is ok printing on 225gsm, just a little more? And if this is in the main tray so will allow A5 card of this weight?

Essentially I’m seeking an inexpensive wifi printer with automatic double-sided printing that will let me print on 225gsm card for a tiny card business.

Thank you!

Abbie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will hardly find an inexpensive printer that can handle 225gsm A5 automatic duplex, with those requirements you need to look for a way more professional (expensive) printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you. I know there is actually the Canon PIXMA ix6850 which is capable and it’s not too expensive but it doesn’t have auto double sided printing. There are then a selection of HP printers that can print on 200gsm so wondered if anyone had experience of those and if they could manage 225gsm. Any advice welcome!

HP Recommended

The Canon PIXMA ix6850 can handle up to 105gsm plain paper just like most HP and other home printers.

Screenshot from 2020-11-15 11_51_13.png

The big difference is that printers can handle heavier paper 200 gsm but NOT plain paper it can handle 200gsm  photo paper that is way more flexible than a plain paper. Don't be confsed with paperweight, 105 is maximum for plain paper, for the photo paper wights can go higher. Card stock = plain paper.

And for the duplex you will not find a printer that can handle automatic duplex for your needs and cheap price.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.