Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M680
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Went into the office yesterday and the printer is jammed. I removed the jam. The printer jammed again. Repeat 20+ times.

Removed all guts of printer that I could (carefully) and toner cartridges. No other jam, small pieces of paper or obstructions to be found. Replaced guts. Still jamming. Removed guts, still nothing. Replaced guts, still jamming. Repeat.Resized_20201021_130634.jpegResized_20201021_130622.jpeg

Contacted my home office for next steps but they didn't get back to me before I left the office. They told me this morning to contact HP support.

I'm at home. I don't have access to the office printer (took those photos yesterday to send to the home office) but I was trying to schedule a technician to come into the office to take a look at it.  I have no idea how to get a hold of a technician or support or even the warranty number for the printer. I can see the IP address in the printer settings on my laptop (probably not helpful though).

I didn't want to make a special trip into the office tomorrow only for a technician to say they can't come out till next week. Plus the rest of my coworkers are worried because faxes aren't coming through (I go in once a week to scan and email these to them).

Anyone have any advice? There wasn't a setting on the printer that would (temporarily?) send the faxes as a pdf to my email account either, at least that I saw. But I would like to get the machine fixed.

Thanks!

Steph

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@StephosaurusRex 

Rats. 🐀

You need that serial number - it is likely to be printed "somewhere" on a printer test report - also likely still in the office.

That said, I can't do much, but I can (and did) send the question for Review.

The problem, or rather restriction, we face is that "we" are not HP Support.

Sometimes things move fast - other times they do not and we have little or no influence over the process.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@StephosaurusRex I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.