Without any prior problems, my ADF (for faxing) failed to feed my papers. The first page began to move but would not move any further. I am quite sure I just need to clean my rollers. (I would like to try that first.)
My problem is I can't seem to find any definitive videos or explanations as to how to access the rollers. I've seen videos of printers very similar to mine; but not quite. I don't want to just try pulling or pushing on anything. I'm afraid of breaking something.
I understand that your Printer keeps saying there is paper in the ADF,
I suggest you do a Printer Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".