Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-13-2022 10:14 PM
I have an HP8720 printer that has the cartridge carrier jammed to left side of its track. There is no apparent paper jam. I can move the carrier very slightly to the right - maybe 1-2 cm. I have followed the HP video solutions to no avail. Any suggestions? Regards, David S
11-08-2022 04:51 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a carriage jam issue, I am glad to assist you.
Perform a power reset , Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
11-08-2022 02:16 PM
Thanks for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, as there was no response initially, I took the printer to a local tech repair shop, and they were able to fix the problem.
I will keep your suggestion on file, in case I encounter the problem again.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community