Did you mean: 
CheyneChiro
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

document feeder isnt working

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8740

My document feeder/scanner is not working. It was first jamming on one side so I investigated further. There was a plastic tab sticking out, I figured that was the issue so I pulled it off, now it wont even feed the paper to get jammed. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,486 27,358 1,488 1,574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CheyneChiro

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the rollers inside the top paper tray.

1. Get a flashlight.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Remove the paper stack from the input tray.

5. With the flashlight, look down into the input tray and find the paper pick rollers.

An example of paper pick rollers on top loading printer
  6. Lightly dampen a cotton swab with water, and then squeeze it to remove any excess water.

7. Clean the rollers with the swab, rotating the rollers with your fingers to completely clean them.

8. Allow the rollers to dry for two minutes.

9. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation