Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My paper goes to underneath the ink cartridges, stops, and I get a paper jam message. This is happening repeatedly and there is no torn paper in the printer.

IMG_2516.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, I tried printing from the computer and I still get the paper jam issue even though the printer works without any problem when I copy from the flatbed. Any idea where I go from here?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

PS, for the first time, I let the paper sit in the printer without taking it out. After maybe a half hour, I heard a whirring sound coming from the printer, and the papers was sent out as if everything was working fine (but it hadn't printed anything). No idea what is going on. 

HP Recommended

@mwinship, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, are you using regular paper?

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Paper Jam Error

Clean the paper pick rollers. You may also follow the steps in this document.

Try making a standalone copy from the flatbed glass and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check the ink levels and replace any low/empty ink cartridges. If the printer is still printing blank sheets, clean the ink cartridges as shown in - No black ink, wrong colors, other print quality issues

Print a quality page to check the result.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Kumar,

Your advice was helpful-- the copying worked fine, but the problem remains. You mention that it has to be a hardware or driver problem. Where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Michael

HP Recommended

@mwinship

If you are able to make a copy, it means the hardware is fine. 

Do you still get the paper jam error?

What is the issue now with the printer?

Have you tried printing from a computer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried printing from the computer and I still get the paper jam issue even though the printer works without any problem when I copy from the flatbed. Any idea where I go from here?

HP Recommended

@mwinship

We will have to reinstall the printer driver.

Are you using the HP Smart app to print?

Or, do you have the full feature printer driver installed on the computer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was using a driver. I don't remember if is is called the full feature printer driver. I see that the smart app, which I've never tried to print from is telling me that the door is open (which it isn't). while my computer is telling me that there is a paper jam (which there is when I print from the computer, but not when I copy from the flatbed). .

Are you using the HP Smart app to print?

Or, do you have the full feature printer driver installed on the computer?

HP Recommended

@mwinship

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I was getting constant Paper Jam messages. You had me run the print and scan doctor. It printed a test paper and I thought the problem was solved. I tried to print this morning and this time the paper jam message came back. I ran the doctor again and the test page worked. I then tried to print my own page. The paper jam message came on. The paper had stopped where it was stopping before, under the ink cartridges, with no damage to it.  So back to where I stated from.

Except that I found this odd-- when I lifted the door to look at it, the cartridges slid over to the right and then back, and then the paper started to move again and came out where it should come out, only it didn't print anything. In other words, the printer seems to be working fine, but it can't make any sense of what the computer is telling it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.