Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7800 (7830) All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY Photo 7800 (7830) All-in-One Printer series.

I needed to print a 10x15cm photo, so I bought hp everyday photo paer 10x15 200g/m2

inserted it in the photo drawer print side down , close , message there is no photo paper

put paer upside down then it was recognized , then I could print but on the wrong side! Ink was melted.

Any help ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Boboffi 

@Boboffi wrote:

I have a HP ENVY Photo 7800 (7830) All-in-One Printer series.

I needed to print a 10x15cm photo, so I bought hp everyday photo paper 10x15 200g/m2

inserted it in the photo drawer print side down , close , message there is no photo paper

put paper upside down then it was recognized , then I could print but on the wrong side! Ink was melted.

Any help ?

You are correct that the paper won't print correctly on the wrong side.

You are also correct that the paper must be loaded correctly as described in the User Guide (Page 18).

Suggestion:  Load at least 5-8 sheets of photo paper. 

What else?

This printer handles photo paper up to 300 gsm - that is heavier than many printers support.

That said, the lighter photo paper should also work.

If setting the Media type to HP Photo Paper doesn't work, try "Other Photo Papers".

What else?

Right after the old paper is removed and the new paper is added, tell the printer about the paper in the tray.

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Display Panel

Open Printer Tray,

If you have not yet done so, add desired paper type

Wait a couple of seconds…

Close Tray

IF applicable for your printer:

Look for a message on the Printer Control / Display Panel,

Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down menu, Select Custom (likely the last selection in the list)

And / Or

Embedded Web Server (EWS)

If the printer is on the network,

If the EWS feature is supported on your printer,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to view / configure your printer.

NOTE:  Laser printer options in EWS are very different from those offered in InkJet Printers.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down menu, Select Custom (likely the last selection in the list)

Example

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_AllEWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All

NOTE:  EWS is also available in HP Smart

Set the Preferences - Windows

NOTE:  Ignore this section when not relevant (for example, creating envelopes or labels in Word)

1. Check / enable the printer as the “Default Printer”

Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners

UNCHECK (clear box) Let Windows manage my default printer

Select (Left-Click) your printer from the list of printers > Manage > Set as Default

1. Select and adjust settings in each category for the Media (kind of paper), source (tray), and paper size.

Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners

Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage > Printing Preferences

Next

Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight your preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit

NOTE - Make changes to a Shortcut

• Select a shortcut and adjust the settings for paper, source (tray), other settings / Tabs
  • Scan Menu for HP Scan >>  If there is a More > section, check / adjust settings in the sub-sections > Click OK to save sub-menu changes
  • If supported, save the edited shortcut or use “Save As” or “Create Custom Shortcut” to save as a new / different file name
  • Click OK to save the setup

References / Resources

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Photo 7830 All-in-One Printer (Y0G50B)

and

Media Size (facet)Letter; A4; Legal; B5
Media Sizes Custom (imperial)3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in
Media Sizes Custom (metric)97.79 x 215 to 127 x 355 mm
Media TypesPlain Paper; HP Photo Papers; HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper; HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper; Other Photo Inkjet Papers; Other Matte Inkjet Papers; Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Plain Paper, Light/Recycled
Media Weight Recommended (imperial)18 to 22 lb
Media Weight Recommended (metric)70 to 90 g/m²
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (Imperial)16 to 80 lb
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (metric)Tray 1: A4: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP Photo Paper: up to 300 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m²

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Photo 7830 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Loaded 8 sheets facind down, the after 4 tries it worked.

I think something is not working as it should , but no prob I print photos very rarely.

thank you , have a good day.

HP Recommended

@Boboffi 

You are welcome.

The sensor might not be sensitive enough - and the paper (at 200 gsm) is relatively light-weight.

When you try it again, load more paper (if you have it) - maybe 15 sheets?

Regardless, it worked this time - so "all good" for the time being.

Stay Safe!

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.