Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
office jet pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

False paper jam message.  there is no jam

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @pls2093,

I'd like to help!

Try the below  suggestions-

Step 1: Look for jammed paper

Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.

• Clear jammed paper from the rear of the printer
  • Clear jammed paper from Tray 1
  • Clear jammed paper from optional Tray 2

Step 2: Check the carriage path with the carriage docked

Check the carriage path with the carriage docked in its station on the far-right side of the printer.

Step 3: Check the carriage path with the carriage undocked

Check the carriage path with the carriage undocked from its station on the far-right side of the printer

Step 4: Clean the paper feed rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.

• Clean the rollers in the printer
  • Clean the rollers in the duplexer

Step 5: Reset the printer

Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

For instructions refer to -  Paper Jam Error

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion.  No paper found, cleaned rollers, reset printer, nothing worked.  Watched the online video to make sure i was doing it right.  Nothing worked.

HP Recommended

This seems like a hardware issue,I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I got exactly the same problem today Sat 19 Sept 2020  and tried the HP solution that does not work.

The  sequence of events and attempted fix process is exactly as described for Pls2093 in this conversation.

My computer is an iMac. Printer was working perfectly until a single sheet minor paper jam.

2 wasted hours trying to get the error message to clear without success.

So this is definitely yet another HP software problem! not hardware as the muppet suggests.

Useless support!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.