Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter - H812a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have some A4 card and it won't feed.   There are shiny marks on the card where the roller has tried to pick it up and failed.  The card is 160gsm and the printer spec says that up to 250gsm is OK.  Is it possible roughen or clean the rollers and, if so, what do I have to do to access them?  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ChrisWoodman,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print cards 

To assist better -

• Are you able to make copies on regular paper using the printer?
  • What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

The printer supports Up to 200 g/m2, you may refer to the printer specifications 

Meanwhile, try the steps in the document to resolve the feed issue -https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-7110-wide-format-eprinter-series-h812/5153794/mode...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks Jay_G24.  Absolutely no paper feed problems with standard 80gsm paper.  Plenty of other issues because this is the worst-designed printer, with the most ghastly driver, that I've ever bought, which I'd be happy to enumerate to you and to anyone else who's listening (and there's no solution except to do manual duplexing, ignoring the manual duplexing offered by the driver which is just wrong, and it might help to bypass the print dialog with a macro), but let's focus on the feed problem!  The problem is that the rollers are going round, leaving shiny marks on the card, without picking it up.  That happens with a pile of card or with a single sheet.  I've told you the weight of the card and it's within the spec.  But some card is shinier than others.  I'll try the various suggestions in the document you refer me to, thank you very much, including swabbing the rollers with water. I would have thought that a different solvent might have done a better job than water to roughen up the rollers so that they pick the card up, and there are proprietary materials on the market for doing that, but I don't know if they could damage the HP.  It all depends what kind of rubber or polymer the rollers are made of.

HP Recommended

As the suggested steps did not resolve the issue seems like a hardware issue.

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.