Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 9025 and HP 6978 both now jam using card stock

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BJCapt, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you are trying to print on card stock paper and it jams. Make sure you are using a compatible media type.

Refer to printer specifications.

Check if the media is properly loaded in the input tray. Refer to - Loading Paper, Envelopes, Cards

To clear any jams, follow the steps from - Paper Jam Error

Also, make sure the print settings are right on the app you are using to print.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All setting are correct.  It use to print fine but now jams printing card stock 5"x7"

HP Recommended

@BJCapt

If you have tried the steps and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill out the webform and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.